Delicious ice cream without eggs and dairy products to customize as you like …
WHICH SEEDS and OILY FRUITS CAN WE USE FOR OUR ICE CREAMS?
NUTS: ◇ cashews ◇ peanuts (they actually belong to the legume family) ◇ almonds ◇ bitter almonds ◇ walnuts ◇ Brazil nuts ◇ macadamia nuts ◇ pecans ◇ hazelnuts ◇ pine nuts ◇ pistachios ◇
OIL SEEDS: ◇ hemp ◇ sunflower ◇ poppy ◇ sesame ◇ pumpkin ◇
WHY PREPARE ICE CREAMS AT HOME?
Because it is very simple and also to have total control over the raw materials:
- on the quality of seeds and oily fruits that should always be fresh, from organic farming, not toasted, not salted and free of added sugars to benefit from all their nutritional properties
- on the type of liquid to add to mix the ingredients Use vegan and raw food dairy products that help you to characterize the ice cream (ex: a pistachio milk if you prepare a pistachio ice cream), or fruit juice, possibly fresh, if you are preparing a fruit ice cream (ex: prepare a fresh strawberry juice if you prepare strawberry ice cream)
- to check the quality and the dose of sugars present, always excessive in the ice-creams that you find on the market even in the artisan ice cream parlors
- so as not to abuse the quantity of eggs taken
- to consume so much fruit, really, fresh.
HOW TO PREPARE ICE CREAMS
INGREDIENTS OF BASIC ICE CREAM
Dose for 1 liter of ice cream:
** Dried fruit used as a sweetener cannot be used as it is, it must be soaked, with enough water to cover it, for a few hours to soften so as to prevent it from affecting the consistency of the ice cream. Drain well before adding it to the blender / mixer with the other ingredients. Do not throw away the soaking water that can be used to add sweetness to a recipe. If you use dried fruit consider that it can affect the color of your ice cream.
* Lecithin is not indispensable, but it is anti-crystallising, that it is a very useful feature if we then store our ice cream in the freezer, when we remove it from the freezer to enjoy it we will find it still frothy and velvety.
VARIETY WITH FRESH FRUIT
Replace milk with fruit or oilseeds with the same dose of juice / extract fruit that will characterize your ice cream. Add as the last ingredient in your mixer or blender the same type of fruit that you used for the juice in this dose:
The dose of sweeteners in fruit ice creams can be lowered considerably or even eliminated, especially if we are using sweet fruit and at the right ripeness.
VARIETY WITH SHELL FRUIT
You can add ready-made basic ice cream to the ingredients:
it will give a crunchy touch and accentuate the aroma.
Add to the basic ice cream:
HOW TO MIX THE INGREDIENTS
Using fruit and oilseeds creams:
Those who do not have a blender or mixer can start with a cream of fruit or oilseeds ready, you can easily find on the market good quality creams that contain non-roasted fruit and oil seeds, free of salt and sweeteners.
◇ Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well until you get a smooth and creamy mixture.
Using whole fruits and oily seeds:
If you start from nuts or whole oily seeds, not toasted, soaking in water is essential to reduce them to cream and, at the same time, activate the enzymes taking a great advantage for your health.
HOW TO PREPARE ICE CREAM
With the ice cream maker:
◇ Pour the ice cream into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions given by the manufacturer of your appliance. To facilitate the work of the ice cream maker you can cool the already creamy ice cream for a few hours in the refrigerator before pouring it into the ice cream maker.
◇ When the ice cream is ready put it in the freezer to increase its consistency.
Without the ice cream maker:
◇ Before preparing the ice cream is essential to start with cold ingredients and tools:
◇ When the ice cream ingredients have already been mixed, repeat this operation 3 times:
◇ Leave the ice cream in the freezer for a few hours before serving.
HOW TO STORE ICE CREAMS
They are preserved 3 months in freezer.
As always, they are just ideas, give vent to your creativity.