A vegan alternative to mayonnaise, it is very easy to prepare and never goes crazy …
On a well-known magazine “La cucina Italiana” I found this wonderful recipe that I tried, I find it fantastic and I decided to share it with all of you.
It is perfect for those who do not want or can not consume eggs, as normal mayonnaise can be a base to be transformed and enriched from time to time.
Are you interested in other vegan mayonnaises? If you click you can find them here .
Mayonnaise ingredients for 4/6 people:
- 20 g chickpea flour (or other legumes)
- 115 g water (to cook the chosen legume flour)
- 45 g water (to soften mayonnaise)
- 20 g extravirgin olive oil
- 20 g oil from single seed of first cold pressing (flax, corn, soy, sunflower etc.)
- 10 g apple vinegar
- 30 g lemon juice
How to prepare mayonnaise
Boil the water to a boil 115 g, add the chickpea flour gradually, stirring well with a whisk to dissolve the lumps that could form, continue cooking for 20 minutes.
Cool the chickpea flour mixture over a tray.
Whisk the chickpea flour mixture, which you have cooled, with 45 g of water, lemon juice and apple vinegar.
Add the 2 oils and mix them very well. (Why use two oils? According to Dr Attilio Speciani, the taste of extra-virgin oil is combined with the wholesomeness of single seed oils, optimizing the intake of mono and polyunsaturated fats in daily feeding).
Add the 2 oils and continue to blend; at the end add a pinch of salt.
You can color mayonnaise by adding vegetables:
- 80 g of cooked pumpkin
- 80 g of cooked beetroot
- 80 g of spinach, blanched for 1 minute in boiling water and immediately cooled in water and ice to preserve its color.
If you add the vegetables, whisk the cooked mixture of chickpea flour with the cooked vegetables, evaluate the creaminess and then add more water if necessary.
You can enrich the mayonnaise with chickpea flour with these ingredients, calculated on the dose of mayonnaise that I have indicated above:
- Russian sauce: basic compound + 1 tablespoon ketchup + 30 g chopped pickled gherkins + 30 g chopped shallot + 60 g grated horseradish
- Scandinavian sauce: basic mixture + 1 teaspoon of honey + 60 g mustard + 2 tablespoons of apple vinegar + 2 tablespoons of chopped dill
- Remoulade sauce: 3 anchovy fillets + 1/2 tablespoon of chopped desalted capers + 1 tablespoon parsley and chopped tarragon.