Small quick bread peppers gluten free unleavened ideal for small sandwiches to be served for entree, during a happy hour or a brunch.
‘ll tell you how I like to stuff these sandwiches:
- with beef carpaccio topped with Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, marjoram and extra virgin olive oil
- with gorgonzola and walnuts
- with chopped hard-boiled eggs, anchovies, black olives, capers and gherkins
- with onion cream and mushrooms sauteed with paprika
- escarole with onions and celery cut into small pieces and stir-fried and then combined with raisins and parsley
Ingredients for 24 sandwiches from 4 cm per side:
- 130 g red peppers
- 130 g yellow peppers
- 100g fine cornmeal flour
- 100 g almond flour
- 30 g peeled onion
- 2 eggs
- 26 g extra virgin olive oil (2 tablespoon)
- 2.5 g salt
How to prepare carrots quick bread
Preheat oven to 170 ° C.
Grease the molds that will be used for cooking.
We will do the same two bodies, one with yellow pepper for nibbles and a yellow with red pepper to get the bites red.
Cut yellow and red peppers into small pieces and blend separately with 1 egg, 13 g of oil and 1.25 g of salt.
Divide the flour into two bowls, each bowl mix 50 g of corn flour and 50 g of almonds.
Combine the mixture of yellow pepper in a bowl and the red pepper in the other, mix well and pour into molds oiled.
Bake in oven for about 25 minutes.
Allow to cool before turning out.