Its the starchy part of the rice has a very delicate flavor, is easily digestible and creaminess and smoothness to creams and pastes.
RICE STARCH AS A THICKENER
|Because it can deliver its full potential thickener is necessary:
- to mix it with an equal amount of cold water before being mixed with hot liquids h
- heat it until the preparation has thickened
- let it rest in the refrigerator to cool completely (which will continue to thicken).
|The consistency which gives as a thickener is very soft for this often is mixed with the corn starch.
|Inserted in a recipe with a proportion between 5% and 7% on liquid gives a similar texture to a mayonnaise.
Inserted in a recipe with a proportion between 7% and 12% gives a similar texture to a sweet a pudding.
|And ‘it recommended for:
- light sauces that replace cream and mascarpone
- velvety soups
- ice cream
- dessert spoon.
RICE STARCH IN THE DOUGH
|Like all the starch has a high glycemic index so it should not exceed the proportion of 20% by weight of flour.
RICE STARCH IN THE KITCHEN
|Even here gives the best of himself as:
- creaming butter substitute in the risotto
- soft polenta
"Mi piace" Caricamento...