Soft pastry oil seeds stuffed with agretti, leek and chopped nuts, green raisins and currants.
These elastic thin crepes are made with only fruit without oily grains, dairy and eggs, they can be rolled up and stuffed or used in layers like in this recipe.
“The agretti or monk’s beard (salsola soda) is a typical vegetable of the kosher tradition. The Jewish tradition of the consumption of this vegetable dates back to ancient times and is kept alive especially in the Jewish community. The agretti are also known by the names roscano, lischi, or mustard monks.”
“There are various types of raisins:
- uva Sultana is a variety of very suitable for drying grapes, with small grains and sweet, blond-golden color, seedless; is that which is most commonly found for sale.
- uva of Corinth (Zante currants), to small and very dark grains (they say tend to dark blue), seeded
- Smyrna grapes, thick and dark beans, seedless
- Malaga grapes, large and long grains, clear, with few seeds
- Chilean grapes, particularly large, seeded and amber color
- Green Pearl, a special variety of raisins produced in Central Asia. Black raisins contains less sugar and the particular color and sweet taste and velvety are the result of a long drying process in traditional stone houses (Easily found in stores of organic products and also in the online shop).”
Ingredients for 4 people
- 30 g almonds
- 13 grams of chia seeds
- 13 g of golden flax seeds
- 16 g oil
- 63 ml water
- 1 g salt
- 1 g dried marjoram
- 200 g agretti
- 50 g leek
- 20 g walnuts
- 15 g green raisins
- 5 g raisins of Corinth (Zante currants)
- salt q.s.
How to prepare the crepes
Heat oven to 100 ° C ventilated mode.
Prepare a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
Milled pulse mode the seeds, almonds, so that you will avoid overheating release oil turning into a cream rather than a meal.
Add the salt and the dried marjoram then the water mixed with the oil.
The flax and chia seeds absorb water to form a gelatinous mixture (do not worry once cooked will have a jelly-like consistency).
Roll out the dough on baking paper, you can help by putting the dough on the plastic wrap, so you can roll out the dough with your hands without getting dirty, the thickness should be about 3 mm, it extends much easily.
Remove the foil used to roll out the crepes (wraps).
Bake at 100 ° C ventilated mode 15 minutes.
Remove from the oven and cool them with a mold for cookies or a knife cut into the desired shape.
They can be frozen.
How to prepare the stuffing
If you do not find the two types of raisins I have pointed out or already have at home, reduce the dose to 10 grams of raisins because as I explained to you earlier the green raisins has a less sugary taste and replacing it we have to reduce the dose.
Chop the nuts coarsely.
Wash the leek cut into coarse pieces, in this recipe we use the part clearer, because we have to chop it finely and have a color contrasting with the rest of the ingredients (the darkest part should not be thrown, you can use it for soups, sauces, fried …).
Remove the roots of cress and wash them very well.
Bring salted water to a boil in a saucepan, blanch before the leeks for 5 minutes, and cool them immediately in a bowl containing cold water.
Then in the same water we scottiamo the agretti for 3 minutes and cool it in cold water too.
Dry with paper towel vegetables.
Chop with a knife or with a mixer leek.
Roll glia agretti on themselves, forming a donut.
To layer the crepes and the rest of the ingredients in this way:
- one crepes
- agretti rolled up, in the center of agretti a bit of chopped leek, sprinkle everything with chopped nuts and raisins
- last crepes only leek chopped nuts and raisins.